Trumbull, CT 06611
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Summary: Develop, coordinate and assist with the direction of accounting, reporting, financial controls, forecasting and budgeting activities, as well as provide guidance and support of strategic growth initiatives and development of key operating metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathering data from various field systems and ensuring smooth and accurate import and integration into financial systems (e.g., SAGE 300). This will require close coordination with the Controller and CFO.
- Create systems for checking accuracy of data within software
- Partner with the CFO and support team to develop the general ledger accounting structure and financial reporting templates.
- Develop daily/weekly/monthly journal entry process and protocols to maintain accounting records.
- Develop monthly and annual close processes, including reconciliation of key accounts, in a timely manner.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of the company’s financial statements on a monthly and annual basis.
- Partner with the CFO to develop financial reporting package for monthly and annual results. Oversee the completion of packages in a timely manner.
- Partner with CFO and the Executive Leadership Team to identify key performance metrics and indicators, and develop processes to calculate in a timely manner
- Partner with CFO and Controller to prepare annual budgets for the company and provide monthly variance analysis.
- Develop a financial forecasting process and method for periodic updates.
- Assist in the development of long-term strategic plans.
- Partner with CFO to develop and implement plans and procedures for successful maintenance and growth.
- Analyze financial details to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 5+ year of experience
- Strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented mindset with strong organization skills
- MS: Office proficient (Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint)
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Non-Profit experience desirable
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for professional and clerical employees
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Scope of Responsibility:
Duties are generally prioritized, allowing incumbent to perform independently, with intermittent close supervision, in conformance with written instructions, established schedules, and pre-determined priorities. Problems not clearly defined by written directives or instructions are reviewed with supervisor to determine course of action.
Position requires ability to work effectively with others where some time may be spent exchanging routine operational information; may have limited exposure to personnel of other departments, staff members, or general public; must be able to communicate routine information in a clear and courteous manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
CTS offers a competitive, performance based, salary and fringe benefits program. CTS is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action.