Trumbull, CT 06611
Under the supervision of The Chief Business Development Officer, the Marketing Manager will interact with various business areas, levels of management and vendors to develop marketing materials, drafting content for print and media outlets, maintain CTS’ social media presence, monitor and update CTS’ website. The Marketing Manager must possess a proactive approach to all projects and an ability to work independently without close oversight from management – must be a proven self-starter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Work with Chief Business Development Officer to develop and implement marketing initiatives including but not limited to drafting marketing content for print and electronic media outlets, maintaining CTS social media presence, updating website and website content and proposal writing
· Create content, customize existing content and design slides for a variety of presentations (infographics, webinars, etc.)
· Conduct research and business development activities in the Medicaid, Medicare, Workers’ Compensation, Special Education, Senior Transportation and other service areas and potential service areas of the company.
· Identify additional customers in each area and, in cooperation with the Chief Customer Officer, develop and implement a marketing plan to reach potential customers.
· Provide research and maintain information on competitors of the company.
· Maintain customer contact data base.[JH1] [PW2] [JH3]
· Coordinate CTS’ attendance at trade shows, as needed.
· Represent CTS at meetings and trade shows, as needed.
· Perform any and all duties, including projects as assigned by Supervisor, that are consistent with this job description
· Travel within and outside Connecticut to represent CTS may be assigned, including possible overnight travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field of study. Ideal candidate would possess a minimum of 3-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with social media and public relations campaigns preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Candidates selected for interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
· Good working knowledge of document production using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, Publisher, SharePoint).
· Experience with web development tools, such as Word Press.
· Experience in creating document libraries
· Ability to work under deadline pressures as part of a cohesive team is essential
· Some travel inside and outside of Connecticut may be required for this position
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write/respond to RFP’s/RFI’s, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to Senior Management, public groups and/or Board of Directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The ability to understand advanced computer skills and be proficient in the advanced knowledge of software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Paint, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio, Adobe Acrobat and InDesign. Basic mapping skills a plus.
Scope of Responsibilities
Decisions are significant and have a major impact on the organization. Independent, self-starting action is required. Responsibilities include establishment of organizational strategic and short-range plans. Objectives are within scope of organization-wide policies and common goals. Consults with supervisor on specific matters only where clarification, interpretation, or exception to organization policy may be required.
Internal and external relationships involve all components of the organization structure. The incumbent must be able to communicate, in a critical environment, to specialized, technical, or professional advisors, whereby decisions are made at the highest level. .
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: APMP certification a plus but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional overnight travel may be required.
[JH1]Here or Sales Mg
[PW2]I would leave this hear and put managing and monitoring the maintenance of the customer contact data base in the Sales Manager role
[JH3]Did we add that to Sales Mgr? If not please do so.