Under the direct supervision of the Contact Center Director and Supervisor, the Customer Service Representative 1 is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to Managed Care Organizations, Medicaid members, caseworkers, medical providers and CTS’ Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Provider Network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the first point of contact with all customers – primarily our Mandarin speaking clients.
- Takes non-emergency medical transportation reservations through various sources
- Verifies client eligibility and confirms medical appointments
- Confirms that requests for transportation are to Medicaid covered services
- Evaluates client transportation needs and makes costs effective decisions
- Refers reductions in services and denials to Manager for appropriate action
- Conducts customer Quality Assurance surveys
- Records incidents and complaints and refers to Manager for resolution
- Manages requests using telephone, voicemail, and computerized scheduling systems
- Maintains manual and electronic data collection systems
- Receives, logs, and relays messages to transportation providers
- Makes suggestions for improvement in the daily call center operation
- Shares in the ownership of the overall departmental performance
- Meets guidelines established in corporate contracts for speed of answering calls and abandonment rates
- Participates in cross training of responsibilities as appropriate
- Performs any and all duties consistent with this job description as assigned by management
- Works overtime when required
- Other duties may be assigned
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
No non-essential duties and responsibilities have been assigned.
Not normally required to supervise other employees.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to six months related experience Language Skills (In English- Required):
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- *_Multi-lingual in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese required_*
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to manage problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The ability to understand basic computer skills such as; data input into computer screens.
Scope of Responsibility:
Duties are generally prioritized, allowing incumbent to perform independently, with intermittent close supervision, in conformance with written instructions, established schedules, and pre-determined priorities. Problems not clearly defined by written directives or instructions are reviewed with supervisor to determine course of action.
Functions performed require the ability to communicate involved information with other employees or general public under conditions where basic understanding or sensitivity may be required to effectively promote and maintain relationships.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands (cont.):
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Note: Regularly – more than 2/3 of the time, Frequently – 1/3 to 2/3 of the time, Occasionally – less than 1/3 of the time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MANDATORY TRAINING REQUIREMENT:
- Training Dates: Monday 03/11/19 – Friday 03/22/19
- Training Hours: 8am-5pm each day with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break. WORK SCHEDULE
- Following the Training Program, new hires will work an 8-hour shift plus a half-hour unpaid lunch (total shift will be 8 1/2 hours). The 8 1/2 hour work shift will be the same each day and occur between the hours of 7am-8pm, Monday – Friday, could be adjusted by department as needed. CTS offers a competitive, performance based, salary and fringe benefits program.
- **No exceptions will be made for the training dates or times***
CTS offers a competitive, performance based, salary and fringe benefits program. CTS is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. Only qualified candidates selected for interview will be contacted.