Summary:The Call Center Team Leader position is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to customers and members of CTS through daily management of a team of employees to include motivating, recognizing and rewarding, coaching, training and problem solving. Additionally the position is responsible for assisting the manager with hiring, development, implementation of staffing, training, and reward/recognition.
Further Leadership potential and strong coaching and management exposures needed for this role.
Call center team leaders are hands-on leaders. They make sure correct process and procedures are followed and routinely give directions to their staff on what to do and how to improve. When an employee needs help dealing with customer concerns, call center team leaders may step in and offer advice or guidance. Workforce management skills highly desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.
- Reviews, on an on-going basis, CTS’ operating policies and procedures and recommends improvement to enhance the customer experience.
- Assists with hiring, training and evaluation of Call Center staff
- Actively engaged in the management of call queue delivery to ensure all SLA’s are met for the day
- Understand all organization’s products, services, procedures and guidelines and communicate same to all team members
- Monitor calls to ensure that due procedures and quality standards are strictly adhered to
- Provides schedule adherence coaching and feedback to Call Center staff
- Facilitate remedial training sessions. Conduct regular review of all call center agents performance and organize training sessions for under performers
- May takes calls for 20% of their weekly shift to maintain an accurate understanding of position requirements and to assist on very high peak volume days.
- Acts as the first point of contact with stakeholders (managed care organizations, caseworkers, Medicaid members and other state agencies) on an as needed basis.
- Researches and follows up on incidents and customer complaints
- Provides technical assistance to customer service representatives
- Analyzed team and individual statistics; prepared reports; devised and implemented incentive programs to improve metrics while maintaining Quality.
- Motivates team and maintains a strong focus to drive optimal individual and team performance.
- Provides information on department and agent reporting to assist management in making operational decisions.
- Ensure a safe and harmonious working environment for all other team members and delegate duties to all team members.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for own work and not normally required to direct or supervise other personnel, but may occasionally instruct or show another employee how to perform the work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED): Three to Five years related experience.
Language Skills:In English
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiplies and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The ability to understand basic computer skills and basic software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Scope of Responsibility:
Incumbent generally establishes own work plan and priorities, using and/or modifying established procedures, to assure timely completion of assigned work in conformance with established departmental policies and standards; problems lacking clear precedent are usually reviewed with supervisor prior to taking action.
Work involves contacts with personnel of other departments within the organization as well as with general public, representatives of other organizations, vendors, etc., where considerable discretion, resourcefulness, and persuasiveness is required to achieve desired objectives.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Note: Regularly – more than 2/3 of the time, frequently – 1/3 to 2/3 of the time, occasionally – less than 1/3 of the time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MANDATORY TRAINING REQUIREMENT: Training Dates: Monday 04/01/19 – Friday 04/12/19Training Hours: 8am-5pm each day with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break. WORK SCHEDULEFollowing the Training Program, new hires will work an 8-hour shift plus a half-hour unpaid lunch (total shift will be 8 1/2 hours). The 8 1/2 hour work shift will occur between the hours of 8am-8pm, Monday – Friday. CTS offers a competitive, performance based, salary and fringe benefits program.**No exceptions will be made for the training dates or times***