Salary: $13.20 /hour
Under the direct supervision of the Contact Center Manager, the Part-Time Customer Service Representative 1 is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to Managed Care Organizations, Medicaid members, caseworkers, medical providers and CTS’ Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Provider Network. Using the knowledge of company products, services and policies to assist callers with transportation needs through listening, understanding their needs and offering solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the first point of contact with all customers, taking non-emergency transportation reservations through various sources. Securing transportation with vendors, verifying client eligibility and confirming medical appointments.
- Manages high volume of inbound and outbound calls within specified performance metrics, including average handle time
- Maintains an acceptable level of quality assurance, within specified performance metrics, company policies and procedures and compliance to contractual plan call handling processes
- Remains available and engaged to assist with call volume as scheduled, achieving departmental schedule adherence goals
- Verifies client eligibility and confirms medical appointments
- Maintains a positive attitude, adapt to a team spirit and work well with others
- Confirms that requests for transportation are an approved facility per their health plan
- Evaluates client transportation needs and makes costs effective decisions
- Refers reductions in services and denials to Manager for appropriate action
- Records incidents and complaints and refers to Manager for resolution
- Manages requests using telephone, voicemail, and computerized scheduling systems
- Performs within company attendance guidelines, and works overtime when required
- Makes suggestions for improvement in the daily call center operation
- Shares in the ownership of the overall departmental performance, including auditing on an as needed basis
- Participates in cross training of responsibilities as appropriate
- Have a willingness to accept coaching and feedback from coworkers, Team Leads and Managers
- Performs any and all duties consistent with this job description as assigned by management
- Completes other duties may be assigned
- Bi-lingual Spanish is highly desirable
- Bus Pass experience desirable
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
No non-essential duties and responsibilities have been assigned.
Not normally required to supervise other employees.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training.
Language Skills ( English- Required):
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Spanish Bilingual a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to manage problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The ability to understand basic computer skills such as; data input into computer screens.
Scope of Responsibility:
Duties are generally prioritized, allowing incumbent to perform independently, with intermittent close supervision, in conformance with written instructions, established schedules, and pre-determined priorities. Problems not clearly defined by written directives or instructions are reviewed with supervisor to determine course of action.
Functions performed require the ability to communicate involved information with other employees or general public under conditions where basic understanding or sensitivity may be required to effectively promote and maintain relationships.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Note: Regularly – more than 2/3 of the time, Frequently – 1/3 to 2/3 of the time, Occasionally – less than 1/3 of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
WORK SCHEDULE :
The Mandatory Temporary Training Program. New hires will work a fixed 8-hour shift plus a (one hour unpaid lunch) for the first two weeks. 9/16/19-9/27/19.
Mandatory to learn the core requirements of the position.
After Training the part-time reduced work shift may include various hours during 8am-4:30pm, 8:30am-5:00pm, 9:30am-6pm, or 11:30am-8pm for Monday & Tuesday and as needed up to 29 hours.
CTS offers a competitive, performance based, salary. CTS is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action.