CTS is a transportation management company with an opportunity for a Project Manager Professional, ideally with health plan or transportation experience.
Summary:The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, execution and tracking of specific short and long term, moderate to high impact corporate projects. Reporting to the Sr. Director of IT and Operations, this solution focused individual will lead cross functional project teams to scope, plan, execute and debrief business projects to meet the organizations strategic objectives. These projects include but are not limited to; new contract implementation, system upgrades, and office expansion plans.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities will consist of researching, planning and executing projects within specific time constraints and budgets. This person will interact with various business areas, levels of management, client contacts and vendors depending on the complexity and scope of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Central point of contact for project coordination and communications between CTS departments
- Primary liaison between new client project management teams and CTS
- Develop initial project timelines and event schedules
- Maintain and track project status through the use of project management software
- Establish measurement process to produce, analyze and report metrics on all projects
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams, starting with scoping through project execution and completion
- Routinely evaluate project scopes, financials and progress and revise plans to reflect needed changes
- Identify potential risks and recommend corresponding mitigation plans
- Lead project meetings and collaborate with Management to assess status and develop action plans
- Provide project status updates to the Senior Management team with estimates for project closure
- Facilitate team member awareness and action through timely, accurate and complete communication
- Track project timelines and resources, utilizing the statistics to refine estimations (cost, schedule and quality) on the company’s project calendar
- Complete project close-out activities to include facilitating project debriefings and lessons learned review meetings
- Identify opportunities for improvement to company systems and processes to improve successful delivery of future projects
- Some travel outside of Connecticut may be required for this position.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:include the following:
No non-essential duties and responsibilities have been assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a person with a high energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. In addition, the following skills are required:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Sound judgment and reasoning
- Solution oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Superior work flow management
- Well-organized and strong multitasking skills
- Good interpersonal skills and works well in a team environment
- Proactive in nature – ability to foresee potential issues on project and raise those concerns to the appropriate parties
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Project Management, Business Administration or related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a Project Management role, or equivalent, with proven success in managing complex projects and delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Project management experience in transportation and/or healthcare organizations preferred
- PMP certification strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- Highly proficient in MS Office with advanced experience in Excel
- Proficient using MS Project or equivalent project management software
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The ability to understand more advanced computer skills and be proficient in the intermediate knowledge of software such as Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Access.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Incumbent functions independently within broad scope of established departmental policies and goals, generally refers specific problems to supervisor only where clarification of operations policies and procedures may be required.
Internal and external relationships stretch across broad organizational lines or involve a high degree of technical understanding and the ability to communicate technical concepts. The incumbent must proceed in relationships where innovative and unstructured situations arise.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
PMP Certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Note: Regularly – more than 2/3 of the time, Frequently – 1/3 to 2/3 of the time, Occasionally – less than 1/3 of the time
Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CTS offers a competitive, performance based, salary and fringe benefits program. CTS is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action.