NEWS & EVENTS
CTS Announces Reorganization and Promotions to Better Serve Its Clients
Trumbull, CT – Coordinated Transportation Solutions, Inc. (CTS) is pleased to announce an internal reorganization that better aligns its management team with its strategic plan and positions it to optimize its services for a rapidly growing client base and expanding geographic footprint. This reorganization caps a year in which CTS saw significant growth for the organization, the addition of new customers, and the addition of new talent to both the management and delivery teams….
CTS Adds Two Key Members to the Executive Leadership Team
Trumbull, CT – Coordinated Transportation Solutions, Inc., a Trumbull, CT based transportation management firm, is excited to welcome two experienced professionals to its senior management team.
Steve Mackinnon brings over 25 years of health care industry experience to CTS as the Vice President of Administration. He will lead the internal departments of Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, and Innovation and Strategy, strengthening the team and positioning CTS for future growth…
CTS Announces Partnerships with Federally Qualified Health Centers in New Hampshire
Trumbull, CT – Coordinated Transportation Solutions, Inc. (CTS) has partnered with two New Hampshire health centers to provide greater access to care for their patients: Greater Seacoast Community Health, which includes Goodwin Community Health in Somersworth and Families First in Portsmouth, and Coos County Health Center and Androscoggin Community Hospital, serving the North Country region in NH. Under the new agreement, the health centers will contract with CTS to provide subsidized transportation to medical appointments for eligible patients with the most need and without access to other transportation resources…
*CMS requires that all training documentation be retained for a minimum of 10 years.
Medicare Parts C & D Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA) Training and General Compliance Training
As a First Tier, downstream, or related entity who provides administrative or health care services to Medicare beneficiaries on behalf of CTS, you must, at a minimum, provide any new employee, temporary employee, volunteer, consultant, governing body member, or delegated vendors training on Fraud, Waste, and Abuse and General Compliance within 90 days of initial hiring and annually thereafter.
To reduce the potential burden on FDRs, CMS has developed and provided a standardized FWA training and education module, located on the CMS Medicare Learning Network (MLN). You must use the Medicare Parts C & D Fraud, Waste, and Abuse and General Compliance Training that was created by CMS.
FWA training includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Laws and regulations related to MA and Part D FWA (i.e., False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback statute, HIPAA/HITECH, etc.);
- Obligations of FDRs to have appropriate policies and procedures to address FWA;
- Processes for employees of your organization or those of any of your downstream and related entities to report suspected FWA to the appropriate area within your company, who in turn will notify CTS; or they may directly report suspected FWA to CTS;
- Protections for employees of your organization or those of any of your downstream and related entities who report suspected FWA; and
- Types of FWA that can occur in the settings of your organization or those of any of your Downstream and Related entities work.